How to use avocado to restore damaged hair
Thanks to its contribution of essential fatty acids and minerals, avocado can be a great ally for our hair health. We teach you how to use it to hydrate and repair it.
Most people use a wide variety of cosmetic products to take care of their hair health. However, few know the benefits of avocado for damaged hair.
In fact, it is the chemicals themselves, as well as excessive use of straighteners or exposure to the sun, that cause hair to become damaged.
Although there are masks and treatments on the market to keep the strands strong and hydrated, sometimes it is necessary to resort to other types of remedies to recover that shiny and healthy appearance that characterizes the hair. There are natural alternatives that, for a lower price, offer interesting effects.
Do you know the benefits of avocado for damaged and damaged hair? This food is one of those inexpensive ingredients that can help improve the appearance of hair in case of dryness and aggression. Let’s see how you can use it for your hair health.
Nutritional properties of avocado
The nutrients contained in avocado are what give it its properties for hair.
Many of these help to counteract those deficiencies that occur due to poor diet or deterioration caused by environmental factors. We highlight the most important ones:
- Avocado is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, also known as “good fats.”
- Additionally, it contains significant amounts of vitamins A and E, which can act as antioxidants.
- Provides significant doses of B complex vitamins.
- It is a source of minerals such as magnesium, calcium and iron.
- Provides light contributions of essential amino acids.
Benefits of avocado for hair
The external application of avocado pulp can not only benefit your general health, but also that of your hair, regardless of whether it is curly, dry or thin.
Its nutrients are absorbed through micropores. Its topical effects on the scalp have been used to address dandruff, itching and redness.
Among these nutrients and benefits we highlight the following:
- Its natural oils rehydrate the hair strands. This helps to solve the dryness caused by the iron or dryer.
- On the other hand, it helps reinforce keratin fibers and hair follicles, reducing excessive hair loss.
- It can also act as a natural conditioner, providing softness and shine.
- It is a great ally to combat frizz and leave curls defined.
- Helps repair split ends and promotes healthy growth.
- Finally, avocado stands out for its antioxidant properties, which prevent the appearance of premature gray hair or signs of aging.
Experts have found that avocado oil has the property of sealing the hair cuticle. That is, its outer layer. As a result, the strands acquire a soft, shiny and silky appearance.
3 avocado masks for damaged hair
To take advantage of the properties of avocado for damaged hair, we can prepare revitalizing masks. Although it is valid to use avocado on its own, it is best to combine it with other ingredients that enhance its benefits.
1. Avocado and egg mask
By combining the healthy fats of avocado with the proteins provided by eggs, we can obtain a restorative and moisturizing treatment.
Its use is recommended on brittle hair, with a tendency to fall.